In 1956, Bruno Michelotti and his brother-in- law Louis Fabbri founded Northwest Meat Company in what is now considered Chicago’s River-West neighborhood. The original building was located on Grand, Milwaukee and Halsted where the company stayed until 1967 after being moved to the Fulton Market District on Morgan and Hubbard Street. Following Fabbri’s retirement in 1968, Bruno and his wife Genevieve acquired the company where it remains in the family to this day. Bruno and Genevieve were immigrants from Italy’s Tuscan region where they learned ingenuity, entrepreneurship and an appreciation for excellent quality meat at a young age. Both coming from a long line of business owners, they traveled to America as young adults in hopes to find and build their own dreams. Together with their children Roger, Lori and Linda, Bruno and Genevieve continued to grow their company to provide high quality meats to Chicago’s emerging and established restaurant industry.
In 1982, Bruno’s son-in- law, Stan Neva joined Northwest Meat and in 1997, the Neva family acquired the company upon Bruno’s passing. After graduating from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 2010 with a degree in Animal Science, Stan and Lori’s son Andrew joined the company, enabling it to become a third-generation family business. Enabling continued growth and expansion, the company moved to its current location on Justine and Arbour Street, just west of the Fulton Market District in 2015. Proud to carry on the tradition of a family owned and operated company, the Neva’s remain dedicated to providing the highest quality goods and services to their customers.